Welcome

PON Game 1 Official Information and Announcements

(AAR included)

PON Game 1 Official Information and Announcements

Postby lordlau1 » 26 Mar 2017, 16:30

Gentleman,

It's time. Here's the run down.

I will moderate this game. Eddie (hhfd50) will back me up.

We have 9 players to start. I am fine if more join as we go, but we need these 6 players to really stay and commit to years of play time. The players are:

Prussia = lordlau1 (Ed)
USA = hhfd50 (Eddie)
France = Ken
Russia = Lynx
Austria = mingeling
GB = Durk
Italy = Lancier
Japan = cpdeyoung (Chuck)

Backups = Jamovitz, Sruba

We are going to start in 1880. This leaves us only 960 turns to go! LOL.

We need to target 24-48 hour turnarounds for turns. 3 turns a week is a good number as a minimum, alot more if people turn in their orders. I know Eddie and I play games every night together. We will run turns daily if turns are in, but of course, we will allow flexibility.

I will auto save people's turns when they are unavailable and run the turns anyways. This game MUST continue moving forward. Please do not drop out....we need this human interaction!

We have a Slack channel set up for this game only. You have all been invited. We will use slack and these forums for communication and dropbox for file transfer.

Custom scripts will be allowed. This is where deals are made between humans like selling ships, selling provinces, etc. This is subject to GM approval.

Please log on here or go to the slack channel ASAP. I am starting the game in a few minutes.

Thanks and good luck,

Ed
TWC Co-founder & Administrator
lordlau1
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: PON Game 1 Official Information and Announcements

Postby lordlau1 » 26 Mar 2017, 16:31

Gentleman, we are starting the game today.

We all need to be updated to version 1.04.3. This is located here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4259026

Go to page 5 and copy and paste the link into your browser. The file is about 1.4 gb. It will take a bit. Once you have confirmed that you are the correct version in your "about" or "credits" tab, I will post your files in the dropbox for your country.

I have noticed that not everyone is following the Slack channel yet, that is the main place where several of us communicate daily. Please keep abreast of new developments.

Please review the rules I posted for this game as well.

Good luck.
TWC Co-founder & Administrator
lordlau1
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Durk » 03 Jul 2017, 05:00

I am ready to resign as a player in this game. The pace is absolutely too slow. If this game is to proceed, every player needs to agree to a certain timeline or else the game master runs the turn.
I suggest three turns a week, Saturday, Monday and Thursday.
Two turns a week is ok if players are time challenged. Game run Saturday and Wednesday.
But as is, I cannot continue in this game.

PON is a really great game. But I no longer look to see if there are new files. I am very disappointed in this game. Why are players not engaged? I think a timeline when if you miss it the Game Master does a save and moves the game along is the only solution. Else, goodbye.
Durk
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby T.W.C » 03 Jul 2017, 16:10

We must pick up speed in some or most games gents but leaving players & replacements dont help so...
"Steady lads, steady !"

The Wargaming Club - TWC
Founded in February 2017

Home: http://www.thewargamingclub.net
#Slack: https://thewargamingclub.slack.com
STEAM: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TheWargamingClub
T.W.C
Headquarter
Headquarter

Return to PoN Game 1